GFWC of NC Statesville Woman’s Club
The GFWC Statesville Woman’s Club is a proud part of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs (GFWC) of North Carolina, an organization dedicated to community improvement through volunteer service, focusing on the betterment of local communities across the country. Our club is united with thousands of others, working together on various projects and programs within five main areas: Arts & Culture, Environment, Education & LIbraries, Civic Outreach & Engagement, and Health & Wellness. The GFWC has a rich history of advocating for social change and has made significant contributions to the development of libraries, public education, and child labor laws, among other things.
The members of the Statesville Woman’s Club are united in their dedication to volunteer community service. While diverse in age, race, interests, and experiences, all clubwomen share a common desire to create positive change in their communities. As part of the GFWC, the Statesville Woman’s Club is committed to empowering its members to contribute to the ongoing legacy of community improvement and social change through their collective efforts.
Some of the many organizations the GFWC of NC Statesville Woman’s Club supports:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Piedmont — Iredell County
- Children’s Home Society
- “Critters for Comfort” — Stuffed animal donation to First Responders to comfort children in times of need
- Diakonos — Fifth Street Ministries, My Sister’s House and Veteran’s Transitional Housing Program
- Friends of the Library
- GFWC-NC Local, District, State Projects & Scholarships
- Hospice & Palliative Care of Iredell County — Gordon Hospice House and Rainbow Kidz
- Iredell Adult Day Services (formerly ElderCenter)
- Iredell Christian Ministries
- Iredell County Partnership for Young Children
- Iredell-Statesville School System
- McKinney Vento Homeless Education Program (which aides homeless Iredell-Statesville School students)
- Operation Smile
- Out of Darkness — Suicide Prevention of Central Piedmont Chapter
- Red Cart Project — promoted by The Mooresville Kindness Closet
- Read Across America
- Pecan Park Projects — Little Free Library and Kindness Rock Garden
- Pharos Parenting — Pinwheels For Prevention (Child Abuse Awareness)
- Supporting Military Families, USO, local JROTC and Purple Heart Homes, Inc.
- Yokefellow Ministry of Greater Statesville
The original Clubhouse was built in 1927; and the current one is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
GFWC of NC Statesville Woman’s Club is a 501(c)(3) organization.